Modification and Enforcement of Divorce Decrees in Hackensack, NJ

Custody and Parenting TimeDivorce Decrees

It happens all the time. During the divorce process, you set up custody and parenting time arrangements, or you establish support obligations based on the circumstances at the time.

Then something changes—you lose your job, or have health problems that make it difficult to abide by the terms of the divorce decree. Your children’s needs may change, too, making the existing court order unworkable.

Fortunately, not all of the provisions in the final divorce decree are written in stone. Custody, parenting time and support obligations can be changed in certain circumstances. You want knowledgeable and experienced legal counsel to guide you through the modification process. We can help.

At the Law Offices of Kelly Berton Rocco, we have focused our practice entirely on family law matters for over 30 years. We know that resolving divorce and family law matters can be emotionally exhausting, and we’ll work hard to get the results you want with minimal stress and anxiety. We’ll carefully explain the law and process, including your rights and options, so that you can make good decisions about your family and your future. We strive to settle your differences without going to court, as we want to help you avoid protracted and expensive legal action. Unfortunately, that’s not always possible: your former spouse or his or her attorney may make it impossible to settle amicably. If that happens, we are experienced litigators and we are ready and willing to go to court and fight for what you deserve.

Our Representation in Modification Proceedings

Whether you need to change the terms of an order judgment, or you want to challenge an attempt to amend the terms of your divorce judgment, we can help. We are experienced in representing you in all types of modification proceedings including:

  • Requests to change custody or parenting time arrangements
  • Applications seeking permission for you to move with your children or to block your former spouse’s application to move with your children
  • Petitions to increase, decrease or terminate child support or alimony obligations
  • Disputes regarding college contributions

Our Representation in Enforcement Actions

If your former spouse is not honoring his or her commitments pursuant to the terms of an order or judgment, either by violating custody or parenting time agreements, or by failing to pay support, we can seek the court’s help and compel compliance.

Contact Our Hackensack Office

To schedule a free, 30 minute telephone consultation to discuss your concerns, call or e-mail us today.

Emails are always returned by the next business day and typically before the day is over. Phone calls will always be returned by the next business day or sooner. We’ll be at your side every step of the way.

At the Law Offices of Kelly Berton Rocco, we have focused our practice exclusively on family law and divorce since 1988. We are located in Hackensack and serve Bergen County, Hudson County, Morris County, Passaic County & Essex County as well as the cities of Ridgewood, Paramus, Oradell, GlenRock, Wyckoff, Allendale, Ho-Ho-Kus, River Edge, Franklin Lakes, Saddle River & Upper Saddle River, New Jersey.

When your marriage breaks down, you face many challenges. How will custody and parenting time be determined? Will the court...
Custody & Parenting Time
Custody & Parenting Time
When your relationship with your child’s other parent has ended, one of the most difficult issues to settle can be...