Faudia A. Hameed Clemenza, Esq.
Faudia A. Hameed Clemenza, Esq., specializes in family law, mediation and municipal matters. As a Court qualified mediator, Faudia is also often called upon to serve as a mediator or appointed as an attorney for an alleged incapacitated person by the Court on especially high conflict and guardianship matters.
Faudia was the recipient of the Dean’s Merit Scholarship during her attendance at Rutgers School of Law in Newark. After earning her J.D., Faudia was a Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Ellen L. Koblitz, P.J.F.P., (currently J.A.D.), the Presiding Judge of the Family Part in Bergen County Superior Court. During Faudia’s clerkship, Judge Koblitz was temporarily called up to the Appellate Division, giving her the unique position of having clerked at both the Superior and Appellate Court levels in one clerkship. She is admitted to the New Jersey and New York Bars, as well as the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. She was an associate at a boutique family law firm before joining our firm.
Faudia is a member of the Bergen County Bar Association, Women Lawyers in Bergen, the New Jersey Muslim Lawyers Association and the New Jersey State Bar Association.
In addition, she serves on the New Jersey State Bar Foundation Court Night subcommittee (2020-2021), was appointed to the New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Women in the Courts (2020-2022), serves as Social Media Chair for the New Jersey Muslim Lawyers Association (elected in 2018, continuing), Chairwoman of the Bergen County Commission on the Status of Women (elected in 2013 continuing), former Alternate Prosecutor for the Borough of Hillsdale (2016-2020), former Alternate Public Defender for Rochelle Park (2013-2016), an investigator for the District IIA Ethics Committee (2014-2018), and is a 2012 graduate of The Justice Morris Pashman American Inns of Court.
When she is not working, she is positively impacting her community as a volunteer pro bono attorney for both Alternatives for Domestic Violence (assisting with domestic violence cases) and Northeast New Jersey Legal Services (assisting immigration and family cases), helping those who could not otherwise have representation. She also serves as an alternate Early Settlement panelist in Bergen County (appointed in 2013), where she helps in the courthouse to resolve difficult matrimonial cases.
Faudia’s ongoing contributions were recognized by her peers when she was honored as the recipient of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s New Jersey Commission on Professionalism in the Law 2019 Professional Lawyer of the Year award. This award is presented to lawyers who are respected by colleagues for their character, competence and exemplary professional behavior.
In addition to her legal experience, Faudia has over eight years corporate experience as a business analyst with AT&T Wireless Services.
- New Jersey- 2007
- United States District Court of New Jersey- 2007
- New York – 2008
- Rule 1:40 Court qualified mediator
- Recipient of the NJSBA New Jersey Commission on Professionalism in the Law 2019 Professional Lawyer of the Year Award
- Rutgers School of Law- Newark, Newark, NJ – Juris Doctor
- Honors and Activities: Dean’s Scholarship, Intellectual Property
- Society, Entertainment Law Society, Community Law Clinic.
- Rutgers University- Cook College, New Brunswick, NJ – B.S. in Biology
AFFILIATIONS and ACTIVITIES
- District IIA Ethics Committee- appointed as an investigator (2014-2018
- New Jersey Muslim Lawyers Association-elected Social Media Chair(2018-present). Also serves on the Website (chair) and Gala subcommittees
- Supreme Court Committee on Women in the Courts- appointed 2020
- New Jersey State Bar Foundation- appointed to Court Night Subcommittee (2020-2021)
- Bergen County Bar Association- appointed to the Family Law and Judicial Selection Committees
- Chairwoman-Bergen County Commission on the Status of Women (elected 2013 and continuing to date)
- New Jersey State Bar Association-member
- Women Lawyers in Bergen- member
- Early Settlement Panel Panelist –Bergen County
- Northeast New Jersey Legal Services- pro bono attorney and clinic volunteer attorney
- Alternatives to Domestic Violence- pro bono attorney
- Alternate Prosecutor- Borough of Hillsdale (2016-2020)
- Alternate Public Defender- Township pf Rochelle Park (2013-2016)
- Justice Morris Pashman American Inn of Court-2012 graduate
- Citizens Police Academy- 2011 graduate